Senator Cynthia Villar is still the richest senator amongst her colleagues and she managed to maintained her position as the only billionaire senator with a whopping P162-billion based on her 2013 joint Statement of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALN), which she shares with husband, former Senator Manny Villar.
While the Villars’ assets are mostly in the form of real properties and investments in shares of stocks of their own publicly-listed real estate firms, the couple listed no liability.
Trailing next to the Villars are another couple Senator Ralph Recto and wife Batangas Governor Vilma Santos-Recto who declared a net worth of P496.8 million.
Senator Bongbong Marcos and Jinggoy Estrada are in third and fourth place with a net worth of P197.47 million and P195 million, respectively. Estrada’s net worth slightly higher than his last years’ P193.58 million declared SALN.
Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr. and wife, Congresswomen Lani Mercado, sits at the fifth spot with a net worth of P166.7 million, slightly lower from their last year’s P169 million.
Senator Grace Poe-Llamanzares landed at the sixth place with a net worth of P148.9 million, surpassing the alleged pork barrel scammer Senator Juan Ponce Enrile and wife Cristina who declared a net worth of P119.37 million.
Completing the top 10 richest senators are Senators Teofisto “TG” Guingona III, P114.9 million; Sonny Angara, P97.8 million; and Miriam Defensor Santiago, P76.7 million.
Completing the list of senators and their declared SALN are the following:
- JV Ejercito (P73,998,448.59)
- Pia Cayetano (P73,296,314.82)
- Vicente Sotto III (P63,850,950)
- Ma. Lourdes Nancy Binay (P63,778,409)
- Franklin Drilon (P58,139,382.09)
- Loren Legarda (P41,423,523)
- Sergio Osmeña III (P38,770,000)
- Manuel M. Lapid (P30,000,000)
- Alan Peter Cayetano (P21,790,568)
- Gregorio Honasan (P20,958,838)
- Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV (P20,493,306.59)
- Koko Pimentel (P16,996,000)
- Francis Joseph “Chiz” Escudero (P8,243,820.21)
- Antonio Trillanes IV (P4,912,000)